By washing your hands often and avoiding touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Wearing a face mask or cloth covering that covers your nose and mouth dramatically limits the exposure to respiratory droplets and large particles and may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus. Be mindful of others in public settings and maintain 6 feet of distance if possible.
Other tips for preventing COVID-19:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around people who don’t live with you. Masks work best when everyone wears one.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others.
- Avoid crowds. The more people you are in contact with, the more likely you are to be exposed to COVID-19.
- Avoid unventilated indoor spaces. If indoors, bring in fresh air by opening windows and doors.
- Clean your hands often, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19 when it’s your turn.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces daily.
For more information on protecting yourself against COVID-19, please visit the CDC's website.